Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am Alabama


Well I'm back from Alabama.  The above picture is a very accurate portrayal of the return trip.  Me, driving, for 15+ hours.  I felt great the whole time, so I just kept it rolling.  Can you blame me?The Twins grabbed a huge hoagie for lunch, this thing was massive!  I was impressed with the speed in which they consumed said hoagie.  Upon arrival at the homestead, I left everything in the car and passed out for the night.  In contrast to yesterday, today was very productive.  I unpacked, cleaned, organized, celebrated my mom's birthday, and am finishing up my weekend plans for the Hoo-Ha US Cup race in Virginia this weekend.  With more rest in my legs I should have a better result than 51st, and the course is harder and more technical than Alabama, so that will be to my advantage.         My Wednesday morning mtb ride is being threatened by weather right now, but I may brave it anyhow.  30% chance of showers usually means nothing, but if I have to I'll ride the paths and stay rested as planned.  Hopefully Thursday we can still do the plateau!  Until next time, keep it kosher....

No comments: