Thursday, June 4, 2009

The calm before the Hoo-Ha


Going to be heading down to Virginia this weekend for the next US Cup race, the Massanutten Hoo-Ha!  The exclamation point is part of the race name.  I'm really looking forward to this race.  When I got back Monday night from Alabama, I started thinking about Virginia.  When I woke up Tuesday, I thought all I'd be able to get in was a short recovery ride, but after my easy hour spin, I felt too good and went out for my prescribed interval session.  Wednesday I did a 3hr easy road ride, focusing more on recovery, and felt great after.  Today though, I didn't feel 100% this morning, and after eating breakfast waited a little longer than normal until I got on the bike.  I got through the first part of the workout OK, but in the middle I knew I wasn't meeting the goals of the workout, so I made the decision to cut the workout short.  Normally I'd be dissapointed in myself, but I probably should have taken a full rest day Tuesday after a whole day of driving.  After getting back on top of my hydration, I'm feeling good again, so no damage done.  

Now it's time to start getting the bike cleaned up and ready.  The course is rough, so it's back to the Nobby Nic this weekend for tires.  Racing Ralph is sad, but he'll be back soon enough!  Hoo-Ha!

No comments: