Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dog at the Helm

It's mid-week in my rest week now and I'm finally starting to feel relaxed. After 3 weeks of traveling, racing, and training I realized I hadn't taken a full rest week in a while. I packed my bag and headed to the mountains for a little relaxation. Before heading up, I got an amazing 2hr massage to help work some of the kinks out of my weary body. I still feel like putty......sweet!
The Cowbell US Cup race did not go quite as planned. After two tough races with crashes and cramps, I hoped I could still squeak out a solid result before hitting the rest week. Such was not in the stars. After a lackluster start I made my move and put on a solid pace up to 7th position going into the final lap (this according to the announcer, I had no idea where I really was). Then the fireworks started.....in my head. I hit the wall and fell back to 17th, all in the final lap. The heat of the day was the deciding factor for me, and even though I drank as much as I could, I just couldn't keep my core temperature down low enough to keep the engine running smooth. As I limped in, all I could think about was a cold shower. So fresh and so clean-clean!
Pic of the one real technical section on course, which was a blast to ride through! Multiple lines and fans cheering.
Harlan before our race flexing for the ladies.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with BG for a long fun ride. The weather is finally decent in the Mid-Atlantic and we plan on taking full advantage!

Toodles!

No comments: