Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scenes from Williams Lake

Mulling over a tough race up in NY today. The course was sloppy, with multiple short, steep hills that required dismounting and running. Coming off last weekend's crash, I felt good but was an unknown quantity. Turns out I really only had half a race in me as the second half was marred by another crash and lots of cramping due to the run-ups. In the end, I got 5th out of about 12 Pros. I'll take it for now, but need to continue to improve so that when I show up to these small races I'm winning them hands down. That's going to take some consistency, which I can feel is coming now.

Aside from the race, the venue was beautiful. Enjoy some pictures from the venue below. Race pics to follow hopefully.
Next race on tap is stop #4 of the US Cup East in North Carolina, the Cowbell Summer Solstice XC. Still have to finalize travel plans, but if that falls through I'll be at the Mid-Atlantic Super Series stop at Neshaminy High School. It's actually only 30 minutes away, but I'm hooked on racing the US Cups, so go figure!

Until next time, Ciao!

No comments: