Monday, June 29, 2009

Pain Withdrawal

Rest week over-and-out. I made this one count too, did my easy rides, hanging in Jim Thorpe at my friend's place. No cell phone reception, only a few bears and insects to chat with. Went on a crazy hike Friday through Hickory Run State Park and got caught in a sweet thunderstorm. Definitely almost wet myself a few times, but was able to hold it in. Definitely more lightning than I was comfortable with.

Thursday got a sweet ride in with BG. He outsprinted me 235-to-218. What can I say, he's crafty. My tally of junk food for the week ends at: 2 nights of wings, one night of ribs (had leftovers for lunch), one bacon burger. Not too bad, actually kept it rather healthy this time! I should have taken a picture of the ribs though, man were they Deeeeelish!

Training plan gets drastically different now as the hours go waaaay down and the intensity goes waaaay up. I've been anxious for results as the season progresses, but haven't really been doing race prep until the past few weeks. I finally feel rested and as though I've properly absorbed the previous training blocks. Last weeks massage probably helped with that, as I was in desperate need of some work. If things go as planned, I'll finish up the two Pro XC Tour races in Vermont and New York with good results, and then refocus on cyclocross for the Fall. Will probably mix it up during September between mtb and 'cross though. Pics below: Bear, Bug, Beer.

No comments: