Monday, April 6, 2009

Work turns to rest....

I won't lie that I'm glad I'm heading into a rest week.  This past weekend was Tough (with a capital 'T', in case you hadn't noticed).  I threw down 5 hours of quality training on Saturday which included a super-windy crazy circuit race.  I was hoping that I would re-learn the intricacies of riding fast in a pack quick enough that nobody would notice I hadn't raced on the road for over 2 years.  WRONG!  I made mistake after mistake, eventually getting caught behind a crash that tailed me off the back of the field because I was too much of a wuss to assert my position in the front.  Oh well.  

That being said, I buckled up and finished a full day of training, followed by a D-lish BBQ over Jimmie & KB's.  Sunday was a back-breaking day of strength intervals peppered in a 4.5hr ride, ending with me inhaling my post-ride Coca-Cola.  

The coming week should be extra good.  Going to relax up in the Pocono mountains with my buddy Brad, looking for trouble and staying away from the suburban soccer moms that swarm throughout my current home.  Also waiting on new parts for my mtb, yay!  Looking forward to getting off of the creaky carbon frame and back on a trusted aluminum job with a higher BB and more stable geometry.  

Ciao!

No comments: