Monday, April 13, 2009

Something New & Something Old

I had a great rest-week up in the mountains.  I didn't ride as much as I'd like, but I definitely got a lot of relaxation in.  My last rest week wasn't so restful, so now things are evened out.  The next two weeks are going to be great, with two consecutive mtb race weekends on tap.

First, the Fairhill Classic, which officially opens up the Mid-Atlantic Super Series (MASS), will take place on the 19th.  This race is fun, although not one of my favorites.  It features a lot of fast singletrack mixed in with some very tight/twisty singletrack which requires a lot of skill and focus to get through quickly.  

Second, the Greenbrier Challenge is on the 26th and is one of my personal favorites.  This race is a National Calendar event and is the Maryland State Championship race.  This course has always been good to me, with multiple top-10's, podiums, and one win.  I have to be realistic this early in the season and know that winning is a far reach, but I won't let that hold me back!  I'll be cutting back training a tad these next two weeks in order to give myself a 'mini-peak' for this race.  

And also for the Mtb races, is something new as well as something old.  By that I mean my bike, which will be changed from my Giant XTC carbon hardtail to my old Bergwerk Mercury aluminum hardtail.  I've done this for many reasons.  This bike fit my great when I rode it a few years ago, and is solid in the rocks/roots of the east coast.  Also, my Giant has some questionable chips in the paint that make me think it may be wiser to not be using that frame full-time.  Also, the 'ole Bergwerk is in great condition, and looks almost new.  Might as well get some more time on it!  And lastly, it has the word 'Berg' in it's name.  As soon as I get it fully built I'll post a pic.  Nothing special here, but I like it.

1 comment:

GoBike said...

Good luck racing this weekend Jordan!