Friday, June 4, 2010

Everything all at once


The rig. Git'r'dun!

Spent last week and the holiday weekend resting. Part of this resting consisted of hopping on the tractor for some planting at the farm. It's harder than you'd think to keep the tractor straight while going 2mph over deep, soft, soil.

Not my normal perfection, but a fine first-row of the day nonetheless.


Gettin psyched for some planting action.


Driving it!

Hit some big rides over the holiday weekend, which was nice. Gotta get them in now, as I'll almost inevitably be a working man again very soon. After the rides, I picked up Matt from the airport on Sunday on his return from Texas racing the Mellow Johnny's Classic. Read the report from the race HERE.

Matt, sad to have to come home from such Lance's ranch.

On the racing front, I'll be doing the MASS series race, Iron Hill, this coming weekend, followed by the Massannutten Hoo-Ha two weeks after. Really want to kill it at Massannutten, would be great to do well there!

So as I've mentioned, I've been living the vagabond lifestyle for quite a while now. Despite valiant efforts to obtain employment during that time, I had been coming up zeros until recently. This past week, balanced with my training, I've been in the car driving around to interviews for various companies. It's an odd thing, sitting in a room with a bunch of guys, playing the interview game. Considering the economy and the balance of power sitting keenly in the lap of the employer, the game has changed considerably from last time I played. Even odder is the frequency at which I'm landing interviews after getting nothing for so long. Hopefully I can keep my current offers at bay while I continue to interview. Gotta see everything all at once in order to make the right decision for myself. If all goes well I'll be garnishing an earned paycheck by month's end. Boo-ya.


No comments: