Monday, November 23, 2009

Hibernation


Hibernation: a word which has defined my race fitness over the past few weekends. Ever since DCCX, I just haven't felt the spark. The mental is high, but the physical isn't meeting me halfway. Season ended a little embarrassingly as well, with me on my head in the sandpit at the Rockburn Cross. I was actually feeling half-decent on the day, and had gone through my normal 2nd/3rd lap lull when I started to pick up the pace again. I got caught behind a rider (who had the twinkle of happy children and snowflakes in his eye) who was riding the sandpit rather slowly, and in my efforts to stay upright, I failed miserably and ended up taking myself down onto my shoulder/head. (Editor's note: Evil has been deleted, please move along, nothing to see here, just another angry jew.....I kid, I kid.....)

So my shoulder and neck are a bit sore now, but that will heal in a few days. I'm going to miss some good races the last 2 weekends, which is a real bummer. I'd go spectate, but that will just make me want to race, when I know I really need to take a load off and get ready for off-season training.

I'll throw up some pics and whatnots in the next few days, since they have been absent from this site for quite a few posts now. Maybe a group of my favorites from the season?

6 comments:

Chris Mayhew said...

Dude, I hope you're kidding. Not about the slow part. I suck in the sand, I admit to that. But it was my friend cheering for me.

gwadzilla said...

any photos to help tell the tale?

Jordan Kahlenberg said...

Chris! Was just kidding, that sounds pretty evil now that I read it back! Guess I have to grow a goatee to go with my horns. I'm just a sore crasher, literally......

Gwadz, I sure hope there are not any pics of that. But if there are, I'll put one up for sure!

Chris Mayhew said...

Cool, thanks. Bummer about the crash.

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

nice talking to you before the race.
bummer about the sand...

Jordan Kahlenberg said...

You too Marc! Have a great holiday season!