Monday, August 3, 2009

Joker of Spring


Aww shucks! That's how I feel about this past weekend's racing. After braving dangerous torrential downpours to make it to the venue, I was hoping my good sensation would translate into a great result. The legs felt great, but the course was left a mess after the morning's races and proved difficult to ride 100%. After a few sections of running, the legs started feeling dead and my pace slowed leaving me to a 6th place finish. I felt I had a lot more horsepower in reserve on the day, and am hoping that the Mt. Snow and Windham courses aren't too sloppy so that I can use it all.

Saturday night, I hit up the Lehigh Valley Velodrome with Lenore for some Tandemonium track racing. It was sick! At the end, they put all 10 tandems on the track at once for one final race of the night. That's 20 riders, 10 bikes, very awesome! In my excitement I forgot my camera, so unfortunately no pictures from the night.

No comments: