Monday, May 25, 2009

Long week done to Alabama

25 hours in the saddle over and done with.  It was a great feeling unclipping on Sunday, knowing that I completed a long and solid week of training without hesitation and giving it 110% the entire way.  Even the Plateau ride was bigger and better than normal, with a longer course that required even more focus and attention than normal.  Big props to Big Ed for putting that one together!  Har-har even stopped by for a few cheers with Girtie.  


Saturday I did a sweet solo ride in Michaux State Forrest, my old stomping grounds.  It always feels like I'm doing secret training there, as it always seems to be a breakthrough type of ride.  This time it was hill repeats on Dead Woman's Hollow that really got me going.  After turning my legs to jelly on that climb, I went straight for 3-mile trail to see if I could ride it 100% clean, which I almost did save for one dab.  Then I hit grave ridge trail which I also rode fairly cleanly.  Sunday was a relatively chill road ride through Jersey around Washington's Crossing, Stockton, and Lambertville.  It was hot this whole week and tough to stay hydrated, but I feel like I managed well.  



For the holiday I actually did NOTHING!  What bliss it was!  Strolled through a local fair for some beer and hotdogs, grabbed some soft-serve at Rita's, met my good buddy Brad for a slice of pizza and to talk about his latest dating experience (quite the entertainment).  Now it's time to start the routine for getting ready to leave for Alabama on Thursday.  Staying at the Oak Mountain State Park campground, weather looks decent for the weekend!  I'm really focusing on my recovery this week and am aiming for a good result this weekend.  I'll try and throw up a post once I'm down there, but no promises!


Until next time, keep it hebrew!

2 comments:

Cody Waite said...

Great training last week! You are going to kill it in BAMA!

Joel V said...

Nice pic of your car mang!