Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cookie Ride, Philly Union, and new adventures

Just back from the Belmont Plateau ride and boy are my teeth tired!  Great ride tonight, getting my petutie handed to me by Big Ed and Pistol Pete.  Someday I'll learn to ride those twisty tight trails fast.  

On Monday I was down in Philly with Joel 'ABADABING' V for the official unveiling of the Philadelphia MLS (Major League Soccer) soccer team, the Philadelphia Union.  It was sweet!  I can't wait to hit up some games.  The stadium 
will be in Chester, and you can get details at www.philadelphiaunion.com, yeah!  After, Joel 'ABADABING' V and I hit up Nodding Head's for some bangin burgers, beer, and frites.  OOOOOOOOH BABY!




Tuesday was my first time doing the cookie ride with Har-
Har.  It was fantastic.  We kept a great pace all the way to the bakery.  I got my first taste of the Chocolate Chip Espresso cookie.  Ding dang!  This is a secret too good to let go of, but if I like you enough I'll bring you a few next time I see you.  Harlan got a new dog too.  Super energetic little guy, and happy!  He'll be going on mtb rides soon enough.

Wednesday was another fantastic morning mtb ride with Big Ed through the Wiss.  Last week we had to hit the road bikes, but the weather was nice so we were able to hit the dirt this week.  I was tired, so Big Ed has to take it easy on me so I didn't wrap my tongue on my chin, but we still had a good time.  Afterwards I was cleaning up at the house and Big Ed's dog, Mouse, got ahold of a baby bird and unfortunately I was too late.  Mouse was just playing around, but baby birds tend to be fragile.  I said a Hebrew prayer and laid the fallen child to rest.  

So this weekend I'm headed to NY for one of the Campmor/H2H series races.  Should be a good time, with many a Mid-Atlantic folk making the journey up in the wake of the cancellation of the Marathon XC on Saturday.  Love those last-minute change of race plans!  Also starting to get some concrete plans laid down for the road-trip to Alabama for the Bump-n-Grind US Cup East race at the end of the month.  It looks like Matteo, Matteo's girlfriend, The Annanator, and I will be making the trip down in style in Matteo's team van.  Possibly stopping in Athen's GA along the way.  Many a picture and blog posts shall arise from this trip I predict.  Like Yoda I speak, yes.  

Well, I'm off to shower and bed.  Shalom and sweet dreams!


1 comment:

Joel V said...

Abaddabing! Whateva!