Saturday, July 3, 2010

Living life on the wire...

Getting ready to plow the field of life.........


It's been one week in Baltimore and I'm slowly getting used to the grind again. Not much to report on, other than roughly 40 hours of my week getting spent in a cubicle reading up on work-related topics. Rather boring, but I'm scheduled to start working on real project-related tasks this coming week, so that should help perk things up.

Bike Gaming at the Lewis Morris Challenge.

My last race was symbolic in that it represented the last gasp of a free man. But was I really free? Spending my days on my own time, but in reality I was constantly looking over my shoulder to see when the day would come when it all ended. I actually squeezed out more than my share of fun from my time off from work, so I can't complain.


Just.....one......more......step......

I did fairly well at that last race, and am hoping that my new work/training schedule hasn't hindered my fitness too much. It certainly has hindered my sleeping pattern, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back on track after this weekend. For America's Birthday, I'll be racing the Long Pine Classic in my old stomping grounds of Michaux State Forest. It's a one-lapper, so I'm reluctantly breaking out the camelback. Definitely no expectations at this one!

1 comment:

Wog said...

Wait...why do you need a camelbak if it's shorter (one lap)...because it will be too fast to drink from a botttle?