Friday, April 30, 2010

Trust


For some, trust is a warm fuzzy teddy bear to cuddle up to. It's a feeling that is always there and they are comfortable with.

For others, trust is a 500lb gorilla on their back, holding them back and making others around them uncomfortable.

Those are two examples of the extreme, and there are many in-betweens that exist in the world of trust. Personally, I feel that I am a generally trustworthy person, but not necessarily trusting. My trust is a warm fuzzy baby gorilla that occasionally hops on my back for a ride to the grocery store, but thankfully never runs amok in the produce section throwing tomatoes at soccer-mom's talking on cell phones while their kids wander around unattended. I throw the tomatoes, at both the soccer-mom's and the kids, and I blame it on the baby gorilla.

Going down to Delaware this weekend to the next stop in the Mid-Atlantic Super Series, the Escape from Granogue. Actually, I think it has another name now, but I can't seem to recall that at the moment. Drats..... This course was a mudfest last year, and my bike and I could only handle one lap before we both called it quits. This weekend is looking to be much more pleasant, with warm weather leading into the race and just the slightest chance of thundershowers on race day. Perfecto! I trust I'll see you there.

No comments: