Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scenes from a ride

Rode my bike on Monday from Washington Crossing, NJ to Stockton, NJ on the Delaware Canal Tow Path trail. It was a gorgeous day, ripe for picture taking. Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera more often on my recovery days. Enjoy.


This guy was obviously getting fed by somebody, since he had no qualms about getting right next to me.


There are tons of old stone bridges along the river, here's one that's easy to miss.

The day's ride consisted mostly of cinder/gravel towpath trail, with a fun road loop added in the middle to make thing interesting.



One of the many abandoned rail cars on the old tracks along the canal.

That tower at the top of the hill in the distance is Bowman's Tower. The tower was finished in 1931 as a commemoration to George Washington. Perhaps I'll mosey on over to it for some pics next time.


No comments: