Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend mini-wrap.

Just thought I'd throw up a quick post more out of habit, rather than out of having something to say. The weekend's racing has come and gone with quite a bit of disappointment. Saturday's race at Granogue was one where I knew I could do well so long as my bike would hold up. Well, it did. And I finished inside the top 20, just inside, as I had aimed for. But after cleaning up, I walked over to the results which had just been posted and saw that I was DNF, and that the rider whom I know finished in front of me was listed as 25th, not 18th. I protested, but this got me nowhere and the best they said they'd do is list me as DFL. Awesome. A great result wiped off the boards by an official's error.

Sunday I started with a fresh attitude, but after getting caught behind a starting line crash I had to chase back on, which I did fairly quickly. I passed some and set off just as I do about every UCI race. However, this one ended on lap #3 with my chain jammed in my cassette. No spare bike = DNF. Oh well, better a real DNF this time!

Overall, despite poor results, I am happy with my form. I feel that after starting the season outside of the top-20, that I am now fully capable of finishing in the top-20 of these UCI races. Hopefully I'll do just that again at Beacon, where I was 16th the last time I raced there. And from there, continue improving.

Next weekend: Red Cross in NY, then DCCX in D.C.

See you over the barriers!

- Jordo

No comments: