Monday, October 26, 2009

Black Death sandwhiched by greatness

Today's post title is descriptive of my race Sunday at DCCX. Strong start, strong finish, HORRIBLE middle. The weather turned warm on the day, and I obviously was not hydrated properly. Of course, this was not evident until lap 3 of the race. As I dipped further into my own misery, I looked up to see 4 laps to go. At this sight, my heart sunk, and I then got passed by some riders. It was with 2 laps to go however that my magic matzah balls kicked in and I flew to the finish, passing a few riders back and ending 9th on the day out of 34 starters. Not great, but I'll take it! Trying to find pics, will post one later hopefully.

Last Wednesday was the second Kensington Triple Crown. Not a big crowd, but a good one. I managed to take the 'W' again on another fun urban 'cross course and am liking the workout I get there. If you're in the philly area, COME ON OUT! But be sure to pump the tires up high so you don't flat........

So today on the trainer, I was watching part 1 of the series 'JFK: 3 Shots That Changed America'. On Monday's I usually just do a 1hr recovery ride, and instead of dealing with traffic, or getting in the car and driving to some easy trails, I just watch TV on the trainer. Actually relaxing to a degree. But I digress...... The program was extremely informative, and revealed a lot about the assassination of President Kennedy I had not previously known or seen. I won't get into detail, but if you haven't seen it than put it on your list. Who would've thought I'd learn so much while just spinning on the trainer?!?! It's a crazy world we live in.

On tap this week: Kensington race on Wednesday, Arnold's Family Fun Center (You'll like this one, but have to keep it under wraps for now), Re-gearing the pit bike, mentally preparing for another double UCI weekend in NJ. Ampitheatre of Pain, I WILL OWN YOU! Blech......

No comments: