Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blog Post


The sport riders have pretty sweet bikes these days.

In the middle of a rest week. A REAL rest week. Normally I have about 5 hrs on the bike by now. This week, 2. And it will only be roughly 3 after Friday.


Peoples hanging out under the tent at Neshaminy.

I was pretty floored after this past weekend. Did Weav's Prettyboy ride, starting at Oregon Ridge and going around some great countryside in Maryland. I'll definitely be back to that loop soon. Sunday I drove up into Pennsyltucky for the Rattling Creek 50 miler. It was epic. I rode slow. Finished 7th out of who knows how many. Didn't get a T-shirt, but had fun.

Last weekend I raced in NY, the Taconic 909, part of the Campmor/H2H regional race series. BAD ASS course. A little long, which came as a surprise on race-day. Took second behind Super-Aaron. Made up some ground on the series leader, Maurice. I'm gunning for YOU Mo!


A well-deserved podium.


Also snuck in a race at Neshaminy, which was the site of my first ever mountain bike race back in High School. Seeing as it was the weekend after my debacle at the Bear Creek Kenda Cup, I knew I wasn't going to be super sharp. I had good speed, but the fitness was a little unsteady, and ended up battling for 6th with Harlan. Just managed to squeek it out.


Guess who..........

That's all I got for now! Next post will probably be about non-cycling related topics. Just a guess.

No comments: