Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's in my head



Lately I've been a jumble of thought. Coherent thought, but too much at once. It's almost gotten me distracted a few times, but for the most part I've done a good job of keeping my focus. Today, was NOT an example of keeping my focus. Woke up, wandered about for a short bit before eating breakfast late. Actually read through my morning e-mails for once, then shuffled out the door down to the Wiss for a ride on Boy Blue. While on Forbidden Drive, I passed two women running who yelled out 'Watch out! Rabid Raccoon!', and then kept running. I wasn't sure if they were joking or not, but I didn't see any raccoons, let along rabid ones. Was actually a little dissapointed........

Yeah, I get mad when the toothpaste foams out my mouth too.

Threw in some good efforts over the course of my 3hr ride. The suspension on Boy Blue is amazing, it is smooth and plush when open on the descents, and when I put it in Pro-Pedal, it is stiff for the climbs, but still a little forgiving for the flats, which means I don't have to switch it as much. Actually, I rode a lot of the Wiss with the shock in the Pro-Pedal position. I'm sure that won't be the case at this weekend's Cascade Classic. Pretty rocky and rooty stuff up there! More so than French Creek I'm assuming, where I had fun poaching the course last weekend!

All smiles on my first lap of the day. This wasn't the case 4 laps later.

Have a job interview next Friday, and hopefully that will go well and I can start earning a real paycheck again. I've been rather disgusted at the fact I haven't found a job yet, but since I can't even get a call back from the local recruiters and headhunters once they know what I'm looking for, I guess that's just an indication of how bad it is still for my field. Also, I have a wedding that same day, so I can get snazzed up and kill two birds with one suit. Speaking of the wedding, I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get a gift. I asked for the registry and they printed me out a novel. Rediculousness! Thankfully I found something on the second page. Should have asked for the cliff notes......

Sac time!

No comments: