Tuesday, December 29, 2009

IceCycles, SponsorHunt, and Pink Trees



Mel Brooks is a genius. The producers give me such high anxiety when they have young frankenstein light my blazing saddles, it makes my spaceballs sweat in springtime for Hitler. But I digress.......

This winter's first ice cycle produced some quality, well, icicles (see above photo in case you couldn't wait to read this and missed it). This particular ice cycle was followed up by the annual holy daze of holidays, which when combined means I'm working more on my natural winter 'base' layer than on my winter fitness. New Years is almost here, followed by a New Year's Day wedding (which I am in), and then it's back to busi-nonsense. NYE Note: If you're going to be in Times Square, look for me. This should be a fun game.

In more important-than-me news: My new team is still looking for sponsors for the 2010 mountain bike season. Our big gap is in finances right now, so if you own or know of someone who has a business that would be interested in partnering with our team for the next season and beyond, e-mail us at giantmidatlantic@gmail.com. Also you can go to the team blog at giantmidatlantic.blogspot.com, or visit us on the web at www.giantmidatlantic.com.

So, I stopped down the shore to visit some good friends, and the first thing I find was a monstrosity of modern festive decor slapping me in the face. Yes, that is a pink christmas tree. I didn't touch up the picture to bring out the true color in fear of burning the viewer's retina and attracting many a stiff-suited lawyer bringing tidings of joy and lawsuits. Thank me later.

Have a safe and happy new year!

No comments: