Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Like a fine whine

Muddy
If you squint real hard while looking at the picture above, you might mistake it for a mountain bike photo.  It looks like half of my rear wheel is gone!

I have sincerely enjoyed racing 'cross this Fall, and will be sorry when it's all over.  On the other hand, I can't wait for it to be over so I can begin to focus on the 2012 mountain bike season!  Here's the tentative schedule thus far:

  • Mellow Johnny's Classic, TX
  • Fontana, CA
  • Dominion Riverrock, VA
  • Ute Valley, CO
  • Subaru Cup, WI
  • Mont St. Anne, CN
  • Windham, NY
That should keep me busy.....


The weather as of late has brought rain mid-week, which has kept me on the trainer in order to stay sharp.  Unfortunately, my will broke today and I veg'd instead of riding.  I think I'll hit it hard tomorrow instead, considering I only race on Sunday this weekend.

Speaking of the trainer, I seem to go through a trainer about once every 2 years now.  Poor things......
Does anyone else have this problem?  And follow-up question:  Has anyone used those free-motion trainers, like the Kinetics?  Thoughts?

No comments: