Friday, September 11, 2009

Last gasp of the fat tire


This weekend is the Mid-Atlantic Super Series finals at Bear Creek. Theoretically, it will be my final mountain bike race of 2009. Although it was a team race, I'm hoping to use my momentum from last weekend's win to propel me to another podium finish. My switch over to more cyclocross specific training is giving my legs a beating. Wednesday's are double days for me with a 30 minute run in the morning and cyclocross workouts at the belmont in the afternoon. The cyclocross workouts were more difficult than normal since I was on my mtb this week. Hopefully my 'cross bikes get here very soon...... My recovery from that wasn't ideal this week, as I worked a campus event for my Aunt on Thursday morning and was standing on my feet all morning instead of spinning a recovery ride and stretching. With the help of my SKINS and some rest, I should be back to 100% for Sunday.

Also, it's 9/11. My style isn't to provide commentary on things like this, but do ask we all remember the events of that day and those lives lost.

No comments: